Rabies, Third Edition: Scientific Basis of the Disease and Its Management by Alan C. Jackson
English | 2013 | ISBN: 0123965470 | 704 pages | PDF | 15,8 MB
Rabies remains one of the most important global public health problems worldwide. Although many important developments have been made over the past century to combat this ancient disease, Rabies has become a re-emergent infection in the developing world.
The 3e updates this classic reference with comprehensive coverage of the molecular virology, pathogenesis, vaccines, public health, immunology, and epidemiology of Rabies. Chapters new to this edition cover biothreat/bioterrorism, successful wildlife control and therapies of human Rabies, and the emergence of new lyssavirus species Rabies provides physicians, public health advisors, epidemiologists, research scientists and veterinarians with single source, authoritative and up-to-date information on the diagnosis, treatment, control and prevention of this fatal infectious virus that continues to kill over 70,000 people a year.
• Rabies remains a significant global public health risk with over 70,000 deaths a year.
• Alan Jackson a well-known researcher in this subject and has gathered a team of experts to detail the science, treatment, and control of Rabies.
• Completely revised, the 3e presents Rabies as a re-emergent infection with greater emphasis on a global perspective of the virus.
• Provides essential information to anyone diagnosing, treating, controlling and preventing the disease.
• 70 full-color figures highlight important information in microscopic studies.
Download File Size:12.87 MB