Publisher: Production Voices
KONTAKT 5.5.0 + for tools v1.1.16
KONTAKT 5.6.8 + for tools v2.0
Quality: 24 bit 96 kHz stereo
The Yamaha C7 grand piano recorded in a world-class recording studio with 8 microphone positions
Production Grand 2 Platinum is the final version of Release v1.0.8
This library includes tool patches from both v1.1.16 and v2.0 tools
Production Grand Features:
24 Bit 96k source samples
12 velocities pedal up samples
12 velocities pedal down samples
12 velocities release samples
8 microphone perspectives
Authentic Pedaling: adds realistic pedal control.
Continuous Pedal controls (can half-pedal etc.)
Catch-pedaling, Soft and Sostenuto pedaling
Authentic hammer mechanism noises (labeled: Pre-Attack)
Custom Reverb impulse responses (IRs)
Sympathetic Resonance with on / off and volume controls
Extensive Mixer Page with invert pan, mono left right and sum choices, output selection and more
EQ, compression, reverb send for each microphone perspective
User controllable recording noise for added studio realism
Recorded with world-Class microphones: Coles, AKG 414, Classic U87s, B & K, Crown etc.
Boutique A / D converters used: Burl Mothership
Studio grade microphone preamps used: API and Neve 1073
1. Player's Perspective: Player's perspective that is near binaural. When you put on your headphones with this perspective, it will sound like you are there playing the piano! The player's view was recorded with a Crown SASS-P MKII.
2. Hammer Microphones: I'm a big fan of hammer microphones. With the hammers, you will get plenty of attack and a more aggressive sound.
3. & 4. Inside Microphones: This is the sound most people associate with piano recordings. We decided on two sets of inside piano microphones: vintage Neumann U87s (and they say West Germany on them!) And the modern Rode NT2As. This gives the player the ability to get that classic piano sound or the modern wider-range sound or both!
5. Outside Microphones: Just outside the piano we used really expensive Neumann M149 modern tube microphones. The engineer called these the "Golden Sound" microphones. This microphone pair has a classy sound and a more balanced tone than the inside and hammer microphones.
6. & 7. Room Microphones: In an attempt to give you modern and classic choices, we used Coles ribbon microphones and AKG C414s on the rooms. The ribbons sound like ... ribbons ... smooth and velvety! Ribbons take EQ well; another reason to include them. The AKGs sound true to the piano's tone in the room.
8. Under Piano Microphone: Underneath the middle of the piano we used a PZM (pressure zone) microphone to give a clear center image to the sound.
Room Microphones: Coles Ribbon, AKG 414
Hammer Mics: B & K
Inside Mics: vintage NeumannU87, modern Rode NT2A
Outside Piano: Neumann M149
Piano Bottom: PZM
Player's Perspective: Crown SASS-P MKII for near binaural experience when played!
Production Grand Library Size, Bit and Sample Rates:
Depending on the bundle that you have purchased, the samples are divided into three different bits and sample
1. Production Grand 2 Platinum 24 Bit 96 kHz Approx. 123 GB compressed or 246 GB uncompressed
2. Production Grand 2 Gold 24 Bit 44.1 kHz Approx. 58.5 GB compressed or 114.5 GB uncompressed
3. Production Grand 2 LE 16 Bit 44.1 kHz Approx. 26 GB compressed or 77 GB uncompressed
Production Grand Version 2 README
Production Grand 2 v1.0.8 requires Kontakt 5.6.8 or higher. Kontakt 5.6.6 may cause interface issues.
August 28, 2017
Production Grand 2 v1.0.8
- Zero to 1 velocity now triggers no notes on PU and PD groups
July 12, 2017
- HE PD Remap.nki Presets added to address Pedal Down low velocity mechanical noise on samples from C4-C7
June 5, 2017
Production Grand 2 v1.0.5
- Pedal Group Fix
Production Grand 2 v1.0.4
- Pedal Noise Group fix
- Polyphony optimized
May 26, 2017
Production Grand 2 v1.0.3
- Fixed Pedal Noise on/off
- Fixed sustain issues with notes cutting off
May 2, 2017
Production Grand 2 v1.0.2
- Added script for sostenuto pedal
- Added velocity curve display values
February 13, 2017
Initial Public Pre-Release v.1.0.1
This release has been a long time coming! I’ve included as many things as time and resources would allow from the input that users have provided.
The goals were to:
add custom reverb
add sympathetic resonance
combine Vintage and Modern editions into a single interface
extend pedaling to do advance catch and continuous
make Pre-Attack playable live
add an extensive mixer with routing options
Production Grand 2 HE PD Remap README July 12 2017
High-End (C4-C7) Low Velocity Mechanical Noise Fix for lower Touch Response values.
The following presets were adjusted to reduce the high end pedal down (sustained) mechanical noise from keys C4 though C7 at low velocities. These low velocity notes work well in the standard presets when Touch Response is 88% or so and higher to reflect the true dynamic range of the sampled piano, but when the dynamic range is reduced, the mechanical noises become unnaturally loud when compared to the higher velocity samples.
Download File Size:110.61 GB