NUMECA International is delighted to announce the official release of FINE/Marine simulation software version 7.1. Several improvements and new capabilities, described in the section ‘New features’ of the documentation, have been introduced to ease your daily work and extend the scope of application of FINE/Marine.
What's new in FINE/Marine 7.1:
Drastically improved C-Wizard:
- The matrix mode has been revised, all applications can now benefit from it. Same for the single mesh approach (one mesh for several speeds and drafts!).
- A mono-fluid mode has been added for the resistance application, allowing the investigation of appendages resistance for instance…
- A self-propulsion mode with actuator disk has been added, reading open water performance data.
Setting up simulations has never been so easy!
CAD preparation: Rhino export
You asked for it, here it is: the Rhino plug-in! You can now enjoy a seamless workflow to export your CAD model from the Rhinoceros interface directly to the C-wizard, or to our meshing environment, hassle-free.
The inflation technique now benefits from a smarter technique: inflation is no longer computed globally, but per cell. As a result, if the inflation cannot proceed at one location, the inflation will still continue elsewhere.
- Passive scalar model: A passive scalar model has been added to simulate pollutant or tracers with a classic simulation. This feature will allow you to simulate smoke going out of the chimney for instance.
- Modal approach: The modal approach has recently been improved to be compatible with adaptive grid refinement and now with overset. This is definitely interesting if the geometry will have high motion amplitude.
- Internal wave generator: The waves can be propagated in one direction only to reduce the mesh count. And also, irregular waves are available as from the dedicated boundary condition.
Several other improvements
- The maximum number of cores has been extended from 1K to 10K.
- It is now possible to copy degrees of freedom from one body to another
- An acceleration ramp is available to prescribe the power at the actuator disk
About FINE/Marine. FINE/Marine is an integrated CFD software environment for the simulation of mono-fluid and multi-fluid flows around any kind of ships, boats or yachts, including various types appendages. The powerful and customized graphical user interface drives the user into the whole simulation process and integrates marine-dedicated features with:
– HEXPRESS highly automated mesh generator for high quality and full hexahedral unstructured meshes;
– FINE/Marine flow solver, 6DOF incompressible flow solver, recognized as having the best accuracy for all types of marine applications, including free surface capturing. The FINE/Marine’s flow solver is developed by the “Ecole Centrale de Nantes” (ECN) and CRNS and industrialized in partnership with NUMECA.
– CFView, our powerful post-processing and scientific visualization system offering all qualitative and quantitative tools and marine dedicated add-ons for flow visualization and analysis.
About NUMECA International. NUMECA International is a leading developer and provider of Grid Generation, Multi-physics CFD software systems for the multiphysics design simulation and optimization of industrial products and processes. A leader in the field of turbomachinery, NUMECA software is used for the simulation of fluids, acoustics, thermal and fluid/mechanical coupled systems in a wide range of applications. NUMECA has a worldwide presence, with branch offices in the USA, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India and Belgium, as well as a worldwide network of distributors.
Product: NUMECA Fine/Marine
Supported Architectures: x64
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP or newer
Download File Size:742.4 MB