NUMECA International is delighted to announce the official release of HEXPRESS and HEXPRESS/Hybrid 7.2. This applications produces unstructured hex-dominant conformal meshes of complex geometries, starting from unclean CAD data. Thanks to the fact it can run on multiple processors it's ultra fast on top.
The following is a detailed list of new capabilities and enhancements in HEXPRESS 7.2:
EXPRESS: Define rotor/stator interface with zero radius
- The rotor/stator interface can now include regions where R=0.
Optimize mesh quality after transformation
- In some cases where the cell coordinates are near zero, invalid cells can appear after a mesh transformation due to rounding errors. This new advanced option optimizes the mesh quality after the transformation operation, recovering a valid mesh.
Improvements in the mesh processing workflow
- The mesh processing workflow has been improved: When converting a structured AutoGrid5 project into HEXPRESS, the hub and shroud curves definition is stored in the mesh file to compute the span and stream positions within CFView.
The following is a detailed list of new capabilities and enhancements in HEXPRESS/Hybrid 7.2:
Possibility to specify buffer type II locally
- The NEWBUFFERPARAM keyword is introduced to allow buffer type II to be applied locally on specific selections with the following options:
- SELANGLE: uses the local threshold angle specified on the list of selections given.
- AUTOBCANGLE : uses 175° of threshold angle by default for inlet, outlet, mirror and periodic matching connections defined by BCDEFINITION.
Automatic creation of selections groups for SPH/HEX export
- HEXSPHPARAM splitandwritegroups is implemented to split the selection names based on allEdge selections and divides selection names into two parts, group name and short selection name. Group names will be used to define boundary groups in the *.bcs file of SPH/HEX format whereas short selection names will be written as topological surface names listed within the boundary groups. The meshes generated with this option give better agglomerated meshes and thus improve the convergence of the simulation in FINE/Open solver.
Specifying the number of cores used for Datamapper
- Datamapper was using automatically all the cores available on the machine. It is now possible to specify the number of cores before launching Datamapper.
Improvements in viscous layers inflation
- Several improvements are done for viscous layer inflation method:
- Less compressed and deformed Euler mesh.
- Stretching ratio is respected when closing viscous layers.
- Better global inflation by respecting the total VL thickness.
- Inflation steps will succeed more consistently.
While the new improvements ensure more successful inflation steps, it means that the time taken to insert viscous layers will be increased as well. Besides, please take note that the implementations above may impact the global quality of the mesh. A new phase of developments are being planned in the coming releases.
About NUMECA HEXPRESS/Hybrid. HEXPRESS/Hybrid is the latest of NUMECA's meshing tools designed for meshing complex geometries starting from unclean CAD data. The tool produces unstructured hex-dominant conformal meshes in parallel, including high quality viscous layers. The integrated automatic wrapping technology and the HoleSearcher allow the user to avoid the time spent on CAD cleaning and repairing, thus significantly reducing the engineering time spent on the generation of a mesh.
- HEXPRESS generates non-conformal body-fitted full hexahedral unstructured meshes on complex arbitrary geometries. In addition, the advanced smoothing capability provides high-quality boundary layers insertion. HEXPRESS uses a volume-to-surface approach, suppressing the need for a surface mesh.
- HEXPRESS/Hybrid generates unstructured hex-dominant conformal meshes.
HEXPRESS and HEXPRESS/Hybrid use a similar volume-to-surface approach, suppressing the need for a surface mesh. Both systems run in batch or interactive mode and are interfaced to all major commercial CFD codes. This product is part of AutoMesh.
About Numeca International Inc. NUMECA International SA develops computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software for the simulation, design, and optimization of fluid flow and heat transfer worldwide. It offers automated and customized flow integrated environments (FINE), including FINE/Turbo for the simulation of rotating and turbomachinery flows; FINE/Open for the simulation of complex internal and external applications; and FINE/Marine for marine applications.
Product: NUMECA HEXPRESS/Hybrid
Supported Architectures: x64
System Requirements: Linux
Supported Operating Systems: Fedora Core 22.x, 25.x, (K)Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, CentOS 7.0.1406
Download File Size:1.79 GB