Authors: Michael Davis, Sean Bodmer, Aaron LeMasters
Don't let another machine become a zombie in the malware army.
Defend against the ongoing wave of malware and rootkit assaults the failsafe
Hacking Exposed way. Real-world case studies and examples reveal how today's
hackers use readily available tools to infiltrate and hijack systems.
Step-by-step countermeasures provide proven prevention techniques. Find out
how to detect and eliminate malicious embedded code, block pop-ups and websites,
prevent keylogging, and terminate rootkits. The latest intrusion detection,
firewall, honeynet, antivirus, anti-rootkit, and anti-spyware technologies are
covered in detail.
* Understand how malware infects, survives, and propagates across an enterprise
* Learn how hackers use archivers, encryptors, and packers to obfuscate code
* Implement effective intrusion detection and prevention procedures
* Defend against keylogging, redirect, click fraud, and identity theft threats
* Detect, kill, and remove virtual, user-mode, and kernel-mode rootkits
* Prevent malicious website, phishing, client-side, and embedded-code exploits
* Protect hosts using the latest antivirus, pop-up blocker, and firewall software
* Identify and terminate malicious processes using HIPS and NIPS
Download File Size:5.91 MB